Muffins are a wonderful and tasty pastry that can be made of simple ingredients. This dish is perfect both for a tea party and a family occasion. The sourdough of muffins made with kefir is soft, gentle and slightly wet. You will definitely enjoy it.
The pastry is normally baked in cake molds. In order to cook this meal, you need to have the following products:
1. Kefir with fat content of 2.5% – 120ml (4.3 Oz),
2. Butter – 100 grams (3.5 Oz),
3. Egg – 1,
4. Sugar – 90 grams (3.17 Oz),
5. Baking soda – 0.5 of a tablespoon,
6. Flour – 130 grams (4.6 Oz),
8. Powdered sugar (optional).
The butter should be of room temperature. That’s why you might want to get it out of your fridge beforehand. Once you have it all set up, you can proceed to cooking the muffins. We do it as follows:
1. Turn on the oven and preheat it to 180 °C (356 °F).
2. Put the egg, sugar and butter in a bowl.
3. Whip the content of the bowl until turns into a homogenous creamy paste using a mixer.
4. Warm up the kefir, add baking soda to it and stir. The mixture will start foaming up immediately.
5. Put the foam formed on the surface of the kefir in the bowl containing the creamy substance and whip it using your mixer at a low speed once again.
6. Blend the flour with salt and sift all this. After that, put the blend in the bowl.
7. Knead the dough out of what’s in the bowl with the help of the mixer operating at a slow speed.
8. Move the dough to cake molds. If you are going to use aluminum baking molds, use need to first butter them. However, if you are the happy owner of silicone molds, you can do without buttering them.
9. Bake your muffins in the preheated oven for about 30-35 minutes.
10. Extract the muffins from the molds and let them cool off.
11. It’s up to you whether you want to sprinkle powdered sugar on top of the dish.
The dish is done. Now you can treat yourself and your loved ones to this delicious meal. Any tea party or sit-down with friends is going to be memorable, if the muffins made with kefir are on your dining table.