A 13-year-old girl got severe burns on her neck, now her Mom warns everyone about the house hazard.

I believe any parent would echo the sentiment that safeguarding our children becomes the top, second, third, fourth, and fifth priority the moment they enter the world.

The mere thought of our little ones facing illness or injury is often unbearable, prompting us to take extensive measures to ensure their safety. It’s not a matter most of us dwell on; rather, it’s an instinct that kicks in the moment we first lay eyes on our son or daughter.

Regrettably, the world often throws curveballs, and despite our diligent efforts, things can and inevitably do go awry.

For most moms and dads, there’s a looming dread of the day when something beyond their control occurs, especially when it’s an accident or ordeal they couldn’t have anticipated.

Jackie Fedro has firsthand experience in this matter. Although her daughter’s harrowing ordeal unfolded in 2016, we believe it’s a story worth sharing even today.

As reported by BuzzFeed, Jackie made the decision in 2016 to allow her then 13-year-old daughter, Gabbie, to have her own cellphone. For Christmas, Gabbie received an LG d500.

“We finally caved and got her a cell phone partly so we could keep in touch with her amidst her hectic practice schedule,” Jackie explained to BuzzFeed.

However, what followed was a nightmare none of them could have anticipated. While using her cellphone in her room one day, Gabbie let out a scream that sent Jackie running.

“She came running downstairs after it [happened] grabbing her neck,” Jackie recalled. “She was in so much pain she was screaming hysterically.”

“As a mother, it’s the most agonizing feeling to see your child in such pain and feel utterly helpless. It took her a good five minutes before she could even explain what had happened.”

Gabbie revealed to her mother that she had been using her phone while it was plugged in to charge. The 13-year-old had received an electric shock, with the current traveling up the charging cable, through her phone, and into her metal necklace, resulting in burns to her neck.

Jackie informed BuzzFeed: “She suffered painful second-degree burns and will now have a scar encircling her neck.”

Reflecting on the alarming incident, Jackie urged other parents to be mindful of the dangers associated with cellphones, dangers that are often overlooked or unknown.

“With so many kids using phones nowadays, parents need to be aware of the potential harm they can pose,” Jackie emphasized.

How terrifying! Have you ever heard about something like this happening before? I certainly hadn’t.

HAPPY DAYS
A 13-year-old girl got severe burns on her neck, now her Mom warns everyone about the house hazard.
“Now I’ve seen everything”. 70-year-old Christie Brinkley shocks fans with ‘inappropriate’ split dress.